Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mom's Birthday Night

For my mom's 30th birthday, my dad was so thoughtful. He planned a spa day and a night away for her at Turtle Bay Resort on the north shore. It was so relaxing for her. She went up on Saturday morning and had a spa treatment and then my dad and I came up in the afternoon to hang out and have dinner together. I was so excited to see her! Then we left her there by herself so she could have a FULL night's sleep. After she stopped crying when we left...she relaxed and read a magazine and then went to sleep. I think she wanted more sleep after she got a taste of it. In the morning she went for a nice swim. The view from her room was beautiful...here's a few pictures.






My auntie Kerry and the clan sent her some beautiful flowers and a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts (her and dad ate the entire box last night :-).



She said the drive back was absolutely gorgeous...there wasn't a breath of wind, the sun was out and the water was crystal clear. Now Mommy's home and she had a fabulous weekend. I was a really good girl for my dad. I slept for 11 hours straight and even took a bottle after 13 hours without eating. I was starving and ate 6.5 ounces in one sitting.
Thanks Dad!! Mommy had a GREAT time!

2 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Happy birthday, Kelley! Glad you had a good time up there!
I had a dream I got a full night of sleep. But alas it's 2:00 and I'm up feeding Moana. She reverted back to a 4 hour eating schedule overnight. Boo.

Fennells said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!!! Those pictures are beautiful. I want to be there NOW!!! Enjoy every moment. Glad Sara is sleeping so well. See, it the bad stuff doesn't last forever :-)