Today my mommy took me to the doctor's and I was a really happy girl for the first half an hour. Then I got really bored and antsy because the doctor was taking a REALLY long time and I got kind of fussy. I got weighed and I am still growing like a weed. I weigh 12 pounds 5 oz and am on the 75th percentile. I'm also getting taller, I'm now 22.5 inches tall! That means I've grown 4 inches since I was born and am on the 50th percentile for height. My head is 15 and 1/4 inches and is on the 25-50th percentile. After the doctor looked at me and said I was a healthy little girl, the mean nurse came in and poked me with a needle 3 times and it hurt!!! I think mommy was more scared than I was...maybe because I didn't know what was coming. But we both made it through with only a few tears (my mommy didn't cry even though she wanted to.) I've been a good girl today but I'm not feeling so hot tonight so I've been a little fussy. My mom and dad hope I sleep really well tonight...I guess they'll have to wait and see :-)
In other news, I've been smiling A LOT and my mom and dad love it when I smile back at them. They think it's pretty cute! I also like to coo and I'm getting close to laughing. I like to look at all sorts of stuff now too, especially Tyla. My parent's say that I'm their little bundle of joy!! I still have my unhappy moments but I think I'm starting to like being a baby :-)
Oh yeah, I'm so excited for Christmas. Mommy put up all of our Christmas decorations...I can't wait until I'm old enough to help!
3 comments:
Memere and Grandpa want you to post pictures of you smiling. I know your parents probably don't look good in the photo but they want to see a smile. :) Maybe with your tonge out too!!!
(this is Kai, sneaking in on mumum's 'puter while she gets my milks): Sorry to hear aboot your shot - I don't like them neither! Neither does my mumum - she cries too! Hang in there, friend! Get a few surfs in for me, and I'll get some sledding in for you. (if the snow arrives - I'm not impressed with this post-leaf/pre-snow brown-ness. Mumum calls it "Stick month". I don't know what "month" means, but I know "stick" and there are a lot of them here! Anyway, I digest...)
- Your buds, Kai.
Glad you survived that visit so well and I hope you slept for your parents! The post about the warning sticker is hysterical. You are a beautiful little girl.
About the bottles, Zach still has his moments where he is fussy with them and it's a battle of wills to get him to take it but he's gotten better. We got some faster flow nipples and that seemed to help. We use the Born Free bottles and there are three levels of nipples and we are at level 2. We've also found that if the bottle is still cool at all from having been stored in the fridge we have a harder time getting him to take it.
Post a Comment