Sunday, December 28, 2008

Drooling

Sara has started drooling A LOT lately. She's always liked sucking on her fist but now she is constantly sucking on her fingers and tends to shove them very far in her mouth. It's almost as if she thinks the further she shoves them in her mouth the better they will taste. Today she has seemed more agitated than usual (which means she's quite grumpy). I'm beginning to think she might be teething. Being a first time mom of course I have no idea but she appears to have all the symptoms; irritability, drooling, chewing on anything she can get her hands on, pulling at her ear, rosey cheeks, pulling away while breastfeeding, waking more at night, etc. It may be something else or just normal behavior but my niece got her first tooth at 3 months so it's a possibility. We'll see soon enough :-)

On another note, I have recently read back through some of our blogs and am realizing how poorly they have been written (not to mention a few of them are quite silly...which is actually on purpose :-). My sister made a comment the other day that an email I sent her had horrible grammatical errors and misspellings that are not normal for me...she wrote it off as being sleep deprived :-) Yes, this is very true. There have been so many times since I gave birth to Sara that Ryan will say something to me and I truly can't remember what he said. We've had full conversations and I won't remember it....scary! So, sorry to all of you reading these blogs if they make absolutely no sense. You'd never know that Ryan and I are actually quite educated :-)

5 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

I have no memory for anything either so even though I've read all of your blog entries, I don't remember how they are written... ;)

Anonymous said...

YOUR EMAILS HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL. JUST KEEP THEM COMING. YOUR A GREAT MOM KELLEY.

Fennells said...

Your blogs are great you silly girl! Sounds like Sara might be teething! Unfortunately teething will come and go and it might be months before you see that tooth! Hopefully she'll feel better soon or that tooth will come in quick. Kai started teething at 5 months and the first tooth didn't pop through until 8 months! I'm off to go ride my bike - it is 43 degrees!!!!

Judy said...

You blogs make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share what's happening there. All 3 of you are doing a GREAT job!

Angela and David said...

We have been going through the drooling thing here as well. At first I thought it was teething but he's been drooling for a few weeks now so I think he just has poor manners.

And I think being a new mom gives you a free pass and you don't have to worry about grammar or making sense - at least this is the excuse I plan to use at work for some time.