Ryan and I ended up getting it pretty bad as well. I avoided the ER but went in first thing Monday morning. It was determined that I had to go on prednisone immediately in order to begin breathing again. I've never been on that drug before but I pray to God that I NEVER have to take it again. It. Messed. Me. Up. It made me feel like I was going crazy and I had a major anxiety attack, but it made me breathe again. Now I'm finally getting my asthma under control and my cough isn't nearly as bad. I was so bad that they had me get a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. It was determined that I have bronchitis and another sinus infection (which they told me the cough may last for up to 6 weeks!). What in the heck did this little girl bring home?!? Ryan, who complains much less than me, also ended up on prednisone because he couldn't breathe and his allergies were so bad his doctor made him take it too. OK, so that's enough on the sob stories. On to much more entertaining stuff!
Sara has become quite the little mimic these days. Her little vocabulary is beginning to sprout too. There is not a day that goes by that she doesn't make me laugh. Here is a list of some of her latest achievements.
* She likes to wipe and blow (she actually knows how to do this!) her nose. She also likes to wipe mine, Ryan's and Tyla's noses too! Having one of us wipe her nose, well that's a different story.I think this came from the constant nose wiping from her cold.
* She helps me clean by using her diaper wipes to wipe anything and everything. The high chair, fridge, floor, couch, etc.
* She likes throwing the trash out.
* Whenever she falls down, we always tell her to "brush it off" in an attempt to distract her. When we're at the beach she ends up with sand on her hands so we have her wipe them on our shorts sometimes. Now whenever she has dirt or sand on her hands she wipes them on her pants and anyone else around, even if it's not us!
* She's started singing along to songs. If we're "singing" (I'll use the word lightly because anyone that has heard either of us sing know that it's pretty bad!) she tries to copy the rhythm. Maybe there's hope for her because she seems to be able to carry a tune and definitely has more rhythm then either of us.
* She's repeating a lot of the words we use. This is when being discretionary with our lingo is going to be important. I'm not quite ready for any of those "proud parenting" moments that my sister has warned me about!
* She pretends that she's picking up dog poop with a plastic bag. It's quite hilarious because there's usually something that resembles poop on the ground. I'm just waiting for it to actually be poop one of these days!
* And today, she learned how to play the harmonica.
* She likes to do everything herself. She now climbs into her high chair on her own. Likes to try to put her shoes on. Hates it when I decide when things should be done. It's my way or the highway Mom!
* There's a ton of other stuff that I'm forgetting right now, but I guess that will be for another post.
2 comments:
Glad you guys are feeling better. Phew!
Moana has that same monkey- did you get it at the zoo? ;)
Glad you all are doing better. That had to be a rough couple of days (weeks).
Sara and Zach are doing so many of the same things! He loves wiping his and our noses as well, although he can't blow his nose! And I wish he loved cleaning things - he's more into destroying or spreading dirt around.
Post a Comment