Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spa Day

Let's just say, I should have done this a LONG time ago!  For an early birthday present, I went to the Ihilani Spa at Koolina.  It was so much fun and very relaxing!  I got out there just before 9 this morning and checked in. Thanks to my friend Megan, she told me all the tricks about spending the day there and the fun things to do.  I started off by going for a nice run. I ran along the four lagoons and then off the property around the gorgeous golf course and beautiful homes.  Then I went and explored a little and found a really cool lagoon that's off the beaten path.  The only thing I could think about was how much fun it would be with Ryan and Sara.  I was sad for a moment and then went about the rest of my day.  The spa has a really nice salt water lap pool up on the roof so I ended up swimming some laps.  I wanted to swim the lagoons like we did in a triathlon a few years back.  It's great cross training because you swim for a few hundred meters then run a couple hundred more meters and then continue through the four pools.  The only problem was that the box jellyfish are here right now * so I opted not to swim. I didn't want a nasty jellyfish sting to ruin my spa day.

After racing around and working out for an hour and a half I decided I should relax a little, that's why I was there right? I'm not very good at relaxing so I had to force myself too.  I hung out in the eucalyptus sauna for a bit until I couldn't breathe and then laid out on a nice chair while reading a book. Then I had a wonderful pineapple brown sugar scrub.  Oh my gosh, it was heavenly.  I had food ordered so it was ready when I finished.  I sat out on the pool patio and ate a yummy lunch.  It was pretty cloudy today which was so nice because it was pleasant to sit outside at noon.  Then I was off to a facial AND a pedicure.  Holy cow, this is the most pampering I think I've ever had, especially in the SAME day!  I was laughing because the pedicurist (not sure what they're called) asked when the last pedicure I had was.  Ha Ha, I think I've only had one in my life, for my wedding.  I think she could tell when she looked at my feet!

The best part of the day was when I finished my last treatment I looked at my cell phone and Ryan had texted that he and Sara were on their way to meet me! It's kind of pathetic but I REALLY missed Sara all day long.  I'm always ready for a break but then when I was gone for 7 hours from her I couldn't stop thinking about her!  So they arrived and we explored the property and then went to the secret beach I found! My day was made. I got to share part of my day with my wonderful husband and baby! (I guess she's not really a baby anymore, but she'll always be my baby!) 















* I got to go surfing yesterday too! I went out with one of my friends to the Mokulua Islands which are about 3/4 of a mile off shore. Usually we have Portuguese Man o War which sting really bad when you get their tentacles wrapped around a body part. I actually have been having really bad reactions to them since I had Sara.  Yesterday there was no wind at all so we didn't have to worry about them.  Unfortunately the box jellyfish came in instead.  They come in after we have a full moon but usually stay on the other side of the island so we never have to worry about them on this side.  I guess since we've had the Kona winds lately they decided to make their way over here.  My friend ended up getting stung 3 times on her arms (which she said felt like they were sizzling!) and I was petrified the whole time because I don't think I could have paddled all the way in if I got stung. The turtles (I saw 2 of them) must have been watching over me yesterday because I came out unscathed!  Anyways, the point of this story is that I decided not to swim the lagoons today in fear that my luck could have run out.

3 comments:

Angela and David said...

I am incredibly, insanely jealous of your day...but you certainly deserved it.

N.D. said...

that sounds amazing. I went for 2 hours over christmas and it was great. I made my baby blog private so send me your email and I can send you an invite!

Fennells said...

sounds like an awesome day Kel! I am the same way as you when I am away from the kids. you want a break but when you get one, all you can think about is them!!!!