We bought Sara a "singing potty" for Christmas. She's been showing some interest in the whole potty thing lately so we decided to buy one, but more for fun than anything. When you put liquid in it, it starts singing (rather loudly we found out today). Whenever I sit down to go to the bathroom she comes in and sits on her potty. Usually with clothes on. The other day I asked her if she went poop and she walked into the bathroom and stood there. And sure enough, she went poop. I know that potty training doesn't usually start for a while but I figured we could just see what she's interested in.
So far we've had two disastrous potty experiences. Last week I took her diaper off and she sat on her potty like mommy and then proceeded to stand up, pee all over the floor and then fall down in it. Oops. That was kind of traumatizing for her. Today I brought her in with me, took her diaper off, and she started peeing in the potty! We were so excited but the music started playing, it scared her and she started screaming. Mind you, she wasn't done peeing yet so she peed all over the floor and then fell down again! OK, bad mommy. I think we'll wait on the whole potty training thing. And I turned off the sound so I don't scare her next time :-)
4 comments:
Kel, that post was hilarious! I am sure it wasn't fun to be you guys but you had me laughing!!! I was also thinking of doing a potty training post and you'll see that your 15 month old is WAY ahead of my nearly 3 year old! I ask him "Kai where does pee go?" He says "in toiwet." "Do you want to sit on toilet?" "No" and then he pees in the tub! Ugh! Sara can give him some tips in a few months when we're out there. I have heard those bells and whistles potties are more trouble than they're worth too. Maybe she'll get used to it. Good luck!!!
That is too funny! I'd freak out too if my toliet started singing at me! I hear you about peeing on the floor, just today I mopped up a small pond, how can such a tiny creature hold so much liquid? We've had great success with the potty in the toy room, that way they don't have to stop playing (a huge issue for Hannah!)
That is amazing that she is interested in the toilet. Zach will now say "poop" when he has poop in his diaper but he is more than happy to sit in that poop all day. And he is only interested in the toilet as something to throw stuff in.
I'd scream in pee all over the floor too if it started singing to me!
I'm with Angela on that. If a toilet started singing when I was peeing in it, I'd be pretty startled. I might even cry. :)
It's really awesome how well Sara's doing with the potty training already.
I hear boys tend to take longer and Remy is no different. The only time that Remy uses the diaper sign that we've devised is in a clever ruse to get upstairs to his bedroom to play with the toys there.
We're a loooong way from potty training.
Post a Comment