Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sicky

Well, the inevitable has occurred. Sara is sick again.  Poor girl, she is NOT feeling well. She woke up on Tuesday with a really nasty sounding cough and as the day progressed she seemed like she was getting worse.  Today she still has the cough along with a really runny nose.  She seriously whined the entire day.  The unfortunate part is that both Ryan and I think we're coming down with something too.  Dang.  I'm sure the shots that she had on Friday compromised her immune system but what do you do. I guess it's part of growing up...

To buy some time today, because she wouldn't take a nap and did not want to be at home, I took her to the Hoomaluhia Botanical Gardens in Kaneohe. Ryan and I had been there pre-Sara and hiked around with the dogs. It was really cool and I can't believe I haven't been there with Sara. I was a little hesitant because the mosquitoes were so bad when we had gone but when we went today I didn't get one bite.  Right when we got there a front moved in. The wind was howling and it started pouring but we didn't let that deter us. It probably wasn't the smartest thing for her cough but she was only in it for a few minutes and then I put the trusty rain fly on the Bob and she stayed nice and dry and I got soaked.  We walked down a trail to the pond where about 50 ducks preceded to stampede toward us.  They are obviously well fed because they walked right up to us and waited with their mouths open. It was quite hysterical actually and Sara was so excited. She kept trying to say "duck" and doing the sign for it.  She was in heaven because she LOVES ducks.  The rain really started coming down so I strapped her in the Bob and walked around a few of the trails. It was a great excursion and I think Sara loved it, cough and all.


1 comment:

Angela and David said...

Hope you all start feeling better! It's that time of year when they just catch everything.

And Zach is a big duck fan as well - if you don't already have them there is a "Duck and Goose" series of books that Sara might love.