Over the last few days, Sara has turned into a "wild child". Either she's starting to feel better or she's reaching a new milestone. She's out of control (in a good way). Although today was a "not so good day" for mom. Sara decided that she didn't need to sleep again today. Actually I take that back, she did sleep for 10 minutes after crying for a half an hour and about 15 minutes in the stroller after I walked for over an hour to try to get her sleep...ugh! All I wanted was to take a nap myself, but she wasn't having it today. I think it's related to the fact that she's interested in EVERYTHING. For example, I'm carrying her out to the car and I have a water bottle in my hand, she dive bombs over my arm in order to get her hands, and her mouth, on the bottle. Or I'm walking into the house and I'm a few feet away for the door and she lunges over just so she can get her hands on it. Or she's laying on the ground playing on her "playmat" and she grabs onto the toys and tries to pull her whole body up while shaking the whole thing. Then she rolls over and grabs onto the pole that holds the toys up and tries to pull her self over. She also likes to use her feet to push off the poles. So I guess this is a good sign that she's feeling better.
Here's a video of her playing on her mat and trying to "talk". She started off in the middle of the mat and rolled herself over to the edge. Notice she has one sock off. She loves to take the left sock off and suck on her toes. Just the left one though.
She's on her way to a melt down on this one...
Updates on the medical conditions: Sara is still coughing and wheezing a little but seems to be getting better. She's acting like she's trying to cut a tooth still, but as we all know, this can be a very LONG process. I'm hoping she's on the mend now :-)
I got my blood test results back and it looks like it's possibly getting better. The reason I say possibly is that my TSH level is still zero, (normal is around 2 or 3 and being low is hyperthyroid) but my T4 (which is the actual thyroid hormone) has started to drop and is within the normal range now. If this is high it's indicative of Grave's disease which is why they were worried...so hopefully the next test in a month will keep showing progess.
Here's a picture of Tyla. I took her to the beach last night and we went swimming in the freezing cold water. When we got home I had to put sweats on and Ryan bundled her up because she looked cold :-) (Tyla appreciates the blanket Greg and Louise!)
That's what's happening around here.
1 comment:
Glad it looks like you are getting better. Hopefully your blood work keeps improving.
And I know what you mean about the "dive bombing". We are experiencing that as well. And what is it with putting socks in the mouth? At least Sara is keeping the right sock on. We have little baby socks strewn all over our place. There's a baby at daycare that always has baby shoes on. How is that even possible? They wouldn't last even a few minutes on Zach.
I hope she takes a nap for you!
Post a Comment