Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Updates...

I took Sara to the doctor yesterday to have her lungs re-checked. She's still wheezing so we're keeping her on the nebulizer for at least the next week. He told me to bring her in if her cough isn't improving or if she gets worse and they'll do a chest x-ray. He said she's got bronchialitis which is basically a catch-all for wheezing (bronchial inflammation)...hopefully that's all it is. She's at an increase risk of asthma just because of her genes so we're going to have to be really careful whenever she gets sick...so, the moral of the story is to try to keep her from getting sick again :-) He said handwashing, handwashing, handwashing...and keep her away from germ infested toddlers and adults...hehehe. Whatever bug she has, is running rampant in Ryan and I. Ryan doesn't get sick often but when he does, boy is it a doozy (sp?), and boy does he let me know. Good thing women are the ones who go through childbirth because I don't think our species would survive if it were men! (Just joking...okay, not really).

I went to the endocrinologist again today to check on my thyroid...which for those of you that don't know, I've been dealing with some crazy things postpartum and this is the cause of some of them. They still don't know if it's just postpartum thyroiditis or whether I've developed Grave's disease. If it's the former, it should resolve itself, if it's the latter, I'm in for a long road ahead of me. If I don't start improving I'm going to have to stop breastfeeding for a few days so they can do a radioactive uptake scan to see what's going on. Keep your fingers crossed that the blood they took today is improving!

Enough on our medical dilemmas :-) Hope you northerners are enjoying your snow!

3 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Men are the worst about being sick. Scott gets a scratchy throat and he's helpless in bed for days...

Boy, I hope sara doesn't really have asthma... how hard as a baby!??! And YOU... keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a post-partum thing that'll resolve itself soon!!

Angela and David said...

I hope you get some good news about your thyroid. That's really scary. And poor little Sara. Can they really determine asthma this early?

And I hear you about men being wimps. You'd think David was dying here. I asked him to help fold the laundry yesterday and you'd have thought I'd asked him to shovel the driveway naked in 10 degree weather.

Fennells said...

Hey there,
Here's to some good news for both of you soon. Why are they holding off on the chest x-ray? Cute video too.