Saturday, March 21, 2009

My First Hike

Today my mom and dad took me on my first hike on a real trail. It's called the Friendship Trail and it's only about a mile or so but it was still a hike, not just the pavement. It was so pretty, I was mesmerized the whole time. I got to see some really pretty plants and trees and got to watch Tyla run up and down the trail. My mommy didn't really mention to my dad that he shouldn't wear slippers on the hike (she went once when I was in her tummy, but it was my dad's first time) so it was kind of scary because he was carrying me on the slippery trail, but he managed to stay upright which was good.


The ginger is in bloom so it smelt (is that the right word?) really good. It was so much fun and I was a really good girl. Tyla had a lot of fun too. Here's a few pictures of the hike...they're not the best quality because my parents forgot the camera and had to use their phone...oops!

I'm pretty comfy in my carrier.

My daddy loves me SOOO much!

My mommy loves me too! (This picture is funny because it looks like my mom has really long legs...but she really doesn't!)


There was fresh guava on the trail too.

And the view was really pretty!


It's been raining a lot lately so it was really lush and green.

Yay for hiking!

4 comments:

Fennells said...

Oh, you're killin' me!!!! I love that little trail. Looks like you guys had a great time. More of that to come for Sara I'm sure. So funny about the photo Kel b/c I was going to say...what happened to your legs? They are sooooo skinny!!! But then I could see in your other photos that your quads are still there ;-)

Miss you guys!

Michelle Simmons said...

Awesome! Looks like fun! And the smell of the fresh guava... LOVE that!

Angela and David said...

What a fun hike! I wish we had stuff like that around here. That picture where Sara is smiling is great.

N.D. said...

wow - what a great landscape! how pretty! are you in Hawaii too like mama simmons? Cute pics, glad you had a good hike!