She loves, loves, loves the pool and since we had taken her there before, she thought it was a free for all. So during class all she wanted to do was run up and down the steps and jump off the side while throwing the balls. She did NOT like one of the teachers. I think she's a pretty good judge of character, because I couldn't stand her either. Sara has a bit of her dad in her. She doesn't like being told what to do and she surely doesn't like someone in her face trying to make her do it. They wanted her to put her ears in the water, which she does all the time. But she didn't feel like doing right then so she didn't. When the annoying teacher came up to try to put her ear in she literally shoved her out of the way and said, NO NO NO! HA! That's my girl. If she hadn't done it, I would have :-) So after the teacher backed off a bit and let her do it herself she was fine. When we were singing the songs (which is like torture for me) all she wanted to do was watch the bigger kids. Ryan thinks she's *way* too advanced for this, seeing that she has already jumped off the 4 foot diving board at Meme's by herself (did I mention that her dad is crazy!). He keeps saying that she's going to be an Olympic swimmer (keep dreaming Ry!) but I guess we'll see, anything's possible right?!
Today was much better though. She started to get the hang of it and had a lot of fun. She still will only do things when she feels like it but I think she's getting the jist of following directions. I think we'll continue for now. Keeps us busy.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the big moving day. Keeping our fingers crossed that they actually show up with our stuff and it's in one piece. We'll keep you posted.
Here are a few videos and pictures.
She learned to say her name last week...she's pretty proud of herself.
This is when we went to Deception Pass state park last weekend. It is truely an amazing place. Sara wanted to take her shoes off so we let her run around in the water. It doesn't seem to bother her. We were throwing a stick to Tyla and Sara literally tried running in to follow Tyla. She must not have the same cold receptors that I have!
She's obsessed with these pink sunglasses, even when it's overcast.
I think we might have a skate rat. We were walking by the skate park and she decided that she wanted to sit down and watch. So we did.






1 comment:
Good luck with the move!
I hate the song singing in groups as well. Why do the parents have to sing? And sounds like you've got a little fish. David says Zach is great in the water when I'm not in the pool with him but if I'm in the pool with him he turns into a little mama's boy.
Post a Comment