The funny thing about this whole episode was that last week Tuesday we had to move from one of the vacation rentals into the last one here in Oak Harbor (that was our 7th move in 6 weeks, not that anyone is counting). This move was by far the hardest. That's because I had to do the entire thing myself. We have managed to accumulate some serious stuff over the last 6 weeks. I definitely got my strength workout for the day!
As Ryan has stated previously, Sara has been such a trooper through all this craziness. She has just exploded in her language and comprehension. And to think that I was concerned about her lack of words a month ago. Now she doesn't stop talking. She's our little parrot. She likes to say things over and over and over. It's pretty cute until she keeps getting louder and more whiny if we don't acknowledge what she's saying or if we don't understand what it is that she's trying to say. And her physical skills are pretty impressive too (not that I'm a proud parent or anything :-). She started jumping with both feet while we were in San Diego and is getting faster every day. She still loves slides and calls them "fast". She can say slide just fine but prefers to call them "fast", I think because when she goes down them I always comment how fast she went. She loves watching other kids play and is especially fascinated with bigger kids. Especially my two nieces! We're hoping to get back across the mountains in the near future so she can hang out with the fam. I think she is a little bored now that it's just her and I during the day. We're starting her first swim lessons next week and hope to start meeting some people to hang out with. The weather has been fabulous which is great because we've been able to go to the parks lately. And let me tell you, there is not a shortage of parks around here...or beaches for that matter. I took Sara and Tyla for a hike today at Ft. Ebey State Park and it was beautiful. Endless miles of trails and no one around so Tyla runs and runs out there. She loves it!
OK, enough of the random post. Stay tuned for more updates. We'll be in our new house next weekend if all works out! Here are a bunch of photos in random order...
She's obsessed with going in Tyla's "house"
It was so nice out that we took off our shoes and dipped our feet in the water. BRRRR! Sara didn't seem to mind the frigid water and wanted to go swimming!!
She's my little shell finder!
Goofy girl. This was the day Ryan busted his ankle and I told her we could go to the "fast" for a little while but we had to get back to help Ryan. I told her she could go down the slide one more time and then we had to go. So what does she do? She climbs into this tunnel and plays keep away from me. Everytime I'd go to one end to get her she'd scramble to the other side laughing hysterically. Finally I had to physically climb in there and drag her out. Let's just say we might have a few battles of the will over the years :-)
3 comments:
Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! :)
So glad his ankle isn't broken. An ankle break is also a really hard diagnosis. About three years ago the ER doc said David broke his ankle and then two weeks later the doctor said it wasn't broken which was a huge relief because David was driving me nuts acting like a big baby.
And Zach does the same thing with the repeating words and getting louder and whinier until we acknowledge him. And I've done the same chase with the tubes between slides. I hope they can meet one day. They'd have a great time!
Just one more move?
So fun to see pics of Sara now that I have actually met her! Can see her little personality shining through. Glad Ry isn't too severely gimped. He'll have to spank that doc on the bike for not getting it right ;-)
Post a Comment