My daddy did the Kahala Challenge race yesterday in Kailua and I got to watch him WIN the whole thing! He swam for 800 meters, ran a 5k and stand up paddle boarded for 2 miles and he won the stand up division (there were three races; stand up, lay down paddle board, and one-man outrigger canoe. My mommy and I couldn't believe he held off the guy who came in second. My dad's board was only 10 feet long and he uses it to go surfing, the other guy had a huge board (they could be as long as 12 feet) but somehow my daddy beat him! It was really close and we were really excited yelling for him. I was such a good girl and hung out and watched all the people! Yeah Daddy! This is him after the swim.

At the end of the run

Starting the paddle (the water was really nasty because it had been raining for a week straight and they let the canal out the day before...yuck!)

The end of the paddle, it's hard to tell but two other guys are getting close out by the buoy.

The finish! He was pooped!

The race was one of the most organized and best races he's done. The prizes were awesome! He won a $200 watch, $75 to the Kahala store, and a coconut tree! And the food was catered by Kalapawai market, yummy!

Besides watching the race yesterday I got to practice my crawling skills. I love being able to move around now. I even practice sitting up and crawling in my crib when I'm supposed to be sleeping, it's fun!
I really like chewing on my dad's goggles...My daddy calls what I do with my arms, the penguin.
I put my sleep sack on my head by myself and crawled around with it for a while too.
3 comments:
She is soooo cute! OMG! Kai watched the video with me and he thought so too. He said "baby!" Ryan, you're pretty awesome too! But we already knew that :) Congrats on your race!
Congrats that's awesome for Ryan!!! cute pics!! looks like no one was even close!
She is so freaking cute. She and Zach would make the cutest couple. I love the "penguin."
Congrats to Ryan. That race sounds awesome and those prizes are sweet.
Post a Comment