So much happened over the week, I don't even know where to begin. I'll start with a few random things that have nothing to do with the trip to get that out of the way. My car got broken into in Lanikai. I parked out in front of the rental house and ran inside to grab Sara and Katie and Emily (my nieces) and was inside for less than 10 minutes. I was stupid and left my purse in the car, which I hadn't done all week, and some jackasses must have had impeccable timing. They broke my door handle trying to get the lock open and resorted to smashing my window in and stealing my purse, which had everything I own in it. The good thing was that I only had $2 in cash and some serious junk in there, receipts, wrappers, baby wipes, etc, (unfortunately I didn't leave a dirty diaper in there but I'm sure I really annoyed the thieves with all my junk!) but the bad news is that our camera (with all sorts of great pictures on it) and all my credits cards, checks, and drivers license were in there too. So I spent the rest of that day racing around cancelling everything, getting a new license, checking account and filing insurance claims. What a drag!
I also got news back from the endocrinologist that it looks like my thyroid is starting to improve! This is great news because for now I don't have to have the radioactive scan. He's going to keep monitoring it and hope it continues to improve. I'm definitely starting to feel better too. I'm feeling more like myself again and having fewer bouts of dizziness. I've been doing some hard workouts and not feeling like I'm going to keel over afterwards! So we'll keep our fingers crossed!
OK, back to the family trip. It was SO great to have them all out here. My mom was awesome, she let me go for bike rides during the week, Ryan and I got to go surfing together, she cooked, cleaned and helped with Sara. It was wonderful!
My sister and the fam arrived the day before Easter so we got to celebrate together which was great. Here's a few pictures of them.
We took them on a few hikes. I don't have any pictures of the first hike on the Friendship trail because they were stolen with my purse :-( This picture was taken at the top of Kamehame ridge. We were SO proud of Katie and Emily because it was a long and steep hike. It's an access road that is paved so it's not technical but it's really steep and pretty long. The view from the top is incredible and they thought it was really cool! Good job girls that was awesome!


I took Kerry and Thad up the Pillboxes too. It was a great day to hike it because the wind was nice and it wasn't too hot. I think they thought it was pretty cool, you can't beat the view.
One of the many days we went to the beach we built sand castles with the girls, looked for shells, stand up paddle surfed, and even saw a turtle. We actually saw a few whales too which was amazing because we thought the season was already over. They must have come back to say hi!
All in all, plenty of family, plenty of fun, plenty of swimming, plenty of sun, plenty of drinking, plenty of eating, and we will miss having everyone around!

2 comments:
That's great news about your thyroid. Must be a relief.
I think a naked baby on a surfboard may be one of the cutest things ever.
looks like a whole bunch of busy times! good news on the thyroid, bad news on the break in! that is stressful. One time I copied everything in my wallet so I knew what to cancel if I lost it - I have to do that again, I have sooo much crap in there! Love the pic of the little one with the goggles.
Post a Comment