So this is a really random post so bear with me. I went shopping with one of my friends today (which I NEVER used to do pre-Sara) and realized that Sara is no longer in the infant section, she's a toddler now. It's kind of bittersweet. I went for a walk with Tyla on the beach tonight and was having flashbacks from Sara was really little. I miss parts of Sara being a little baby but not all of it (obviously). I thought about those evenings that I would escape from the house and walk Tyla on the beach while Sara was screaming bloody murder at home and how I didn't want to go home some nights. Wow things have changed. Now I'm sad when I'm away from her for a few hours. She's such a bundle of joy and energy. I just love watching how much she's changing and how much she's learning. She's still not saying a lot of words but she's totally picked up on sign language. She knows more, eat, milk, water, bird, dog, up, please, sleep, ball, and thank you. It's so cool to watch her figuring it out.
Here's a picture of her in her pjs showing me a mouth full of milk.
Here's a typical mouth open picture. She looks so grown up in her little outfit to me.

We put her Exersaucer back together because we're going to try to sell it at a garage sale. Here's another one of those sad moments...she's way too big for it now!
Sticking out her tongue at me.


This past weekend Sara's buddy Moana turned 1!!! So we got to go to her fun birthday party.
Michelle said that she didn't know how to throw a party, but it sure turned out great! They had a slack key guitar band there and Sara loved it! She sure likes to dance these days. And the yard was phenomenal! Full on treehouse, swings, toys, it was great!


She loved hanging out in the hammock...at least for a minute to get a photo.

Here's a picture of the birthday girl! She had a classic birthday cake moment, screaming bloody murder with her foot in the cake. Priceless!

And here's a picture of another one of their friends, Solbee. It's so cute to see all three of them walking around together. They're all within a few weeks of each other and it has been great to have their mom's to hang out with! They weren't too sure of me taking their picture :-)
2 comments:
They DO look so much older now, don't they? And so smart! I'm totally gonna have to get that sign language DVD. ;)
Unfortunately, the second year goes even faster so enjoy every second. If it goes too fast for you, you'll just have to have another one ;-)!
Post a Comment