Sara's little (or BIG) personality is really starting to emerge. She's been full of energy and a really personable little girl for a long time now but I've really noticed a change lately. I don't know if it was from the trip and hanging out with her nieces or just a natural part of her growing up (it's so sad to think that she's almost 1 years old). Sometimes she just sits there for a moment and you can tell the gears are turning in her brain. I often wonder what she's thinking about.
Lately I think she's thinking "How can I do something that mom doesn't want me to do?". Besides the dog water bowl incident which happens daily, she's figured out the cupboards. They haven't been very interesting to her up until this week. I think it's because there's no handles on them but she's figured out how to open and close them. We keep forgetting to put the child safety locks on them, mostly because she'd never tried pulling anything out. Now, after I open one and pull something out she crawls as fast as her little hands and knees can carry her to open it up and pull out anything she can get her hands on. Same with the fridge. Once it's open, it's a free for all. She pulls her self up as fast as she can (and let me tell you, she's fast!) and reaches her little hands in, in hopes of pulling a prize out. Then there's the throwing the body out to reach anything with in her arms length while I'm carrying her. She likes to point at things a lot too. I'm that annoying parent that tells her what everything is over and over, but I swear she's starting to repeat a lot of words now. She said "Tyla" yesterday and my neighbor was here to witness it. She said it to her a few times.
Besides all of the mischief she likes to get in, she's also figuring out how to really protest when I say she can't have something or I take it away from her. Before it was a "What, you're taking that from me?" and now it's "I WANT THAT BACK!". I absolutely love watching her personality develop and grow and all the new things she's learning. The littlest things can make a parent so proud. I totally get it now. For instance, today in the car on our way back from Target (it's about a 30 minute drive, which is so worth it now that we actually have it here), she was making her usual noises in the back, jabbering away. I mimicked one of the sounds she was saying "La" but changed the tone and she said it right back to me in the same high pitch tone I was using. I thought it must have been a coincidence so I tried it with another tone and sure enough she said it right back. I cheered for her and she squealed with delight! Oh, the little things :-)
2 comments:
they are sooo fun at this age. you should get her into music class, and instead of safety locks just get a good gate like christinas for the kitchen. wayyy easier! you have a TON of cabinets in there! dont forget the bathroom or just keep the door closed! soooo cute!
We are experiencing so many of the same things with Zach. It's so funny how I could write the exact same things. I keep hearing how lucky we are that Zach is such a laid back baby but I swear where we are going to run into problems is the little twinkle he gets in his eye when he knows he's doing something he's not supposed to.
I want to hear about your race!
Post a Comment