Thanks to my awesome husband, who decided that I needed a break, my mom and I headed to Maui for the weekend...without Sara! I was anxious about leaving her but I had a great time. I was still a little lethargic from not eating much for two weeks but am definitely feeling better. Ryan and Sara definitely fared better than me because they both got to take Tamiflu. Unfortunately I found out too late to take it, so anyone reading this that has a fever and MAJOR body aches go get checked immediately so you can take it. It worked wonders!
Anyways, as my mom and I were saying goodbye to Sara and Ryan (and Tyla) I had the window rolled down and was getting ready to drive off when Sara decided to start waving! It was so cute, it made me cry :-) She has waved a few times before but not really "intentionally". This time she totally meant to and was so excited when she realized what she was doing. What a great way to leave!
I had a great time on Maui and got to sleep in until 8:30 in the morning! I can't remember the last time I slept that late, it was fantastic! We swam in beautiful crystal clear water and took a few walks on the beach. I was pretty fatigued still but it was just what I needed.
Ryan and Sara had a great time. They road the bike down to the market and beach park, went swimming at our friends house and took Tyla to play with one of her friends. It was a great bonding weekend for them :-)
Now we're back to normal again, my mom left yesterday and now Sara and I are back to flying solo. She's learned how to kiss herself on the glass door. Here's a video of her practicing her kissing skills...
Once I can get a good picture of her new teeth I'll post one. They're pretty cute. She's got her top right tooth and bottom left. Pretty classic :-)
We didn't get many pictures when my mom was here because I was so sick but here's a few.
Sara got a bunch of new toys while she was here. Anything to keep her entertained while we were all cooped up in the house!
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better and it sounds like a great trip.
Looks like Sara is practicing for when she meets Zach!
She is getting so big! And so cute! Look at all that hair! Glad you're finally feeling better.
Post a Comment