Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunny Ride

Sara gave me permission to write about my bike ride this weekend...thanks Sara! So the last time I wrote about a bike ride I went on, I had a firecracker thrown at me and someone playing chicken with me. Glad to report that this weekend was an awesome ride. No firecrackers or chicken playing (just running roosters). It was a gorgeous Saturday morning. No wind, crystal clear water, sunny skies (sorry cold weather folks) and I saw two whales. It's been kind of chilly here but yesterday was warm. By the end of the ride I was actually quite hot and was having flash backs of long rides in the blazing sun with Greg, Louise and Ryan. It's amazing how things have changed, besides me being really out of shape, I don't have any real goals as far as races go so my rides are purely for fitness right now. It's been kind of a drag to ride lately and I know why now. It's because I don't have a group to meet up with. Now that Greg and Louise aren't here anymore and Ryan takes care of Sara I've been flying solo. It's crazy how slow and long my rides feel...that is until I met a fellow on the back road. Now I know what you're thinking...new mom in her house by herself all the time and she finds a hot roadie on the back road. HEHEHE...not quite! I caught up to an "older" man (as in, in his 70s old) named Al. Ryan and I have met him before sitting at Kalapawai eating his thousand calorie muffins. He's really nice and likes to talk A LOT. He rides almost every day of the week and loves every minute of it. So I stayed with him and talked to him on the back road of Waimanalo and he drafted off me out to Mokapu'u. He was so cute, telling me that my "back was clear", waving at everyone, letting my know if there was a "car back", etc. Even though we were riding along quite slowly, it was so nice to have some company to talk to. (Yes, I'm pretty desperate these days) I left him at the bottom of Mokapu'u and rode out to Sandy Beach where I saw a whale which is always a nice treat. Needless to say, the ride was great, climbing back up Mokapu'u was way easier than planned (with no wind!) and the rest of the ride was chill. Moral of the story, I miss riding with Ryan, Greg and Louise.


On another note, I'm watching Sara in the video monitor right now and I wish I could record it to post on here. She likes to sleep on her tummy now so we put her down on her back and within a few minutes she rolls over onto her stomach. The funny part is that she has learned to "inch worm" herself up to the top corner of the crib. It's almost like she's trying to crawl. There's something about having her head wedged in the corner of the crib...it can't feel very good but she likes it so that's where it stays.

1 comment:

Fennells said...

We miss riding with you too!!! The road riding is SOOOO great here (when the weather permits) that I so wish you guys could come out so we could have a long ride with lots of great conversation (and a wonderful babysitter for Kai and Sara!) Funny story about Al...I think I met him out on the road once too. He kept calling me "Seven" thinking I was someone else who rides a Seven!

Glad you had such a great day! MISS YOU GUYS! We should plan a Whistler meet up soon!