
Sara had her 4 month check up today and had to have her shots. Man those needles are HUGE! She did really well considering she had 3 shots. It's a horrible feeling holding her and her looking in my eyes and then the look of horror that comes across her face as the nurse stabs her with the needle! AAAGHH! Anyways, we made it through and we're good for another 2 months.
Her weight gain has definitely slowed down. She weighed in at 14 pounds which is the 50th percentile. She's been around 14 pounds for a few weeks now and I'm sure it's because she hasn't been feeding well lately. She gets very distracted when eating...there's way too much going on around her to look at. The doctor doesn't seem worried so we're all good. She's 24.5 inches, 50th percentile and 14 3/4 inch head circumference which is 10-25th percentile.
Sara gave the doctor a few big grins and showed him her tummy time skills. He made a comment that we have a "very active" little girl. Oh boy, do we!!
She actually was pretty good today. We went to Ryan's work potluck at the beach and hung out for the afternoon. She wouldn't take a nap so I resorted to using the Ergo carrier and she actually fell asleep on me...it was amazing. Ryan went out on his stand up board and surfed some really big waves in Kaneohe Bay (3 feet over head!). I'm glad I didn't know how big it was until he got in or I would have been freaked. I took it out in the Bay and paddled around and saw three turtles. The water was crystal clear and gorgeous. Good thing I didn't see any Hammerheads...the Bay is a breeding ground for them...yikes!!


3 comments:
That second picture of Sara is too cute. You can totally see what she's going to look like when she gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
I got Moana to sleep every night for the first 2 months of her life in that front carrier. It was a lifesaver!!
BTW, Rebecca and I are going to get together this week and trade off babysitting each other's girls so we can each get 60-90 minutes free time... let me know if you want to pick a day and do the same? Maybe Thur or Friday? The warm pool is just a mile from here if you wanna drop Sara off and go swim. :)
She is too cute getting out of the bumbo. Zach's legs are too fat to escape.
Post a Comment