Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Long lost blog

Life has sure seemed to get in the way of this blog lately. We had a great Thanksgiving in Yakima this past week. Sara and I headed over the mountains in the first snow storm of the season about 10 days early. Ryan got up on Thanksgiving at 4:30! and drove to beat the traffic and he was successful. While we were in Yakima we had about 8 inches of snow! It was SO MUCH fun for Sara...not before having a few fits because of the cold 'rain' on her face. But once she went sledding she was hooked! Now she gets so excited when it's 'knowing' outside. While we were away Ryan got his first snow storm here in Oak Harbor too. It's quite rare for it to snow here so when they got 2 inches of snow the entire city shut down. Literally. It took Ryan THREE hours to drive 6 miles home from work. It's crazy the idiots on the road, not to mention the people with back wheel drive and bald tires. Welcome to the west side of the mountains :-)

Sorry for all the pics...I'm a lazy blogger these days!

Her first snow man that Ryan built. He didn't grow up in the snow so he didn't know you can 'roll' the snow to make the body. HA! But it's a pretty darn good snow man :-)

Making a snow angel

Playing with her cousins..

Bombing the hill with daddy.
Our awesome sledding hill at my mom's where I grew up! So fun!



She looked like the little boy in the Christmas Story...just don't fall down!

First night it snowed.


We also went and got a Christmas tree this weekend.
The 'reindeer' at the farm.
We had a little problem getting the tree straight :-)
Ryan surprised us when we were gone! I LOVE it!!
Tyla wasn't sure what to do in the snow. She's only seen it one other time before we moved to Hawaii six years ago!

Here's two videos of us sledding. It doesn't look as steep in the videos but you can tell by the screams that it was pretty fast! I felt like a little kid again. Fun times!




3 comments:

Fennells said...

How Christmassy! I'm so jealous. Hope we get some here soon. Love the pic with your crooked tree!

Judy said...

Isn't snow fun? We had a similar Thanksgiving with Zeya and Kyan (and the dogs) this year. We tried to make snowmen, but our snow was too dry and wouldn't hold together. We sledded here at my house and had a ball! I would love to sled on you mom's hill however...it looks like a great one! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the change and I wish you all Happy Holidays!

Angela and David said...

That is too funny that he didn't know how to make a snowman. And you guys are like kids going down the hill.

We've got a lot of snow here. Zach likes to dive face first into it. That seems like a lot of fun until it causes him to get colder faster than he would if he were dry. He's not proving to be a genius.