Saturday, February 26, 2011

Miss you Mom










It's been a long time since we last posted and lot has happened since then. Many of you already know but for those of you that don't, my mom lost her battle with breast cancer on Jan 9 at 63 years young. It has been a tragic loss to my family and words can't describe the sadness and emptiness I feel. She was such a special person and an amazing mom. I feel like I lost a best friend. The only thing that keeps me going are the wonderful memories I have with her and I'll keep those close to my heart for life.
I truly feel like God works in mysterious ways. The day we moved back to the mainland, we were actually in the car with her on the way home from the airport, when she got the call that she had breast cancer. We were able to be here with her and spend her last nine months with us close by. There were so many wonderful memories we were able to make with her and Sara had time with her that she never would have had, had we still lived in Hawaii. Her children and grandchildren are what she lived for and to be able to spend lots of quality time with her was priceless.

This has been an extremely difficult time in our lives and I'm still trying to process the last year of my life. It sure has put everything in perspective and how truly fragile life is. My mom was an absolutely amazing woman and I'm so sad that she is no longer on this earth. She will live on through all of us kids and grandkids and will never be forgotten. I love you, Mom!

5 comments:

Allison Chapple said...

Peace to you, Sara. Sounds like an amazing woman!!!!

Fennells said...

Beautiful post Kel.
xoxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

sending hugs and love to you and your family. xoxoxo
megan

Angela and David said...

I'm so sorry. So glad you were able to have the time with her that you did and to make such beautiful memories.

And I'm glad to see you are blogging again!

Judy said...

Your words are beautiful and such a tribute to your mom. It's amazing how the universe puts us where we need to be.

I agree with Angela and David...it's so nice to see your posts again!