You always want your kids to strive to be the best they can be at whatever they decide to do (at least that's how I was brought up). Well guess what? Sara is a CHAMP at throwing temper tantrums! What in the world are we in for? Sara has never been the "easiest" baby, as we all know, but holy moly are we in a fun stage right now. My sister warned me that this age was challenging, especially before she can communicate very well. Her language skills are improving but she can't get out exactly what she wants to tell me a lot of the time and this results in a full blown explosion. If I can catch it before it gets going, we're all good. By this I mean, if she's trying to tell me something or wants something and I can figure out what that is, she's all good. Or if I distract her from something that wasn't that important to her, then we're in the clear. But if not, or if she's hungry or tired, WATCH OUT! We're in for a doozy!
Yesterday she got up from her nap, which was surprisingly long (1.5 hours!) and I thought she'd be happy as a clam. I pulled her out and put her down in the living room where we played for a few minutes. I pulled out the camera to film her doing her bunny dance to the animated bunny I bought for Easter that plays "Here comes Peter cotton tail", which is so cute. She jumps around saying "hop" while holding her hands up like bunny ears . Needless to say I wanted to get it recorded. Little Miss Sara did not want me to film her and so it went something like this...
To be honest with you, I wouldn't want her to be an easy, mellow kid, because then she wouldn't be SARA!! She has kept us on our toes and I have a feeling this will continue well into her teenage years. We love her more then one can possibly imagine even with her crazy temper tantrums :-)
5 comments:
That tantrum is classic! Zach is always at his worst when he wakes up or right after naps. Right now all his tantrums involve food (he comes by this naturally). I hear girl's tantrums are worse, and by what I've seen in his class at daycare at school. I guess that is the upside to having a little boy that destroys everything. A little less drama.
Looks eerily familiar!
I'm sorry but I had to laugh. It is much easier to see the humor when its not your kid!!! She is cute even when she is mad. I love the little dance and kicking her feet!!! Kai LOVES that song by the way and sings it all the time. They might have to duke it out for the singing bunny or they might just dance together. Wouldn't that be cute!
Dashel and I just watched this three times. For some reason it seems a lot funnier when you don't have kids! My favorite part is when she almost stops bouncing around and as soon as she realizes that she is still mad, she starts it right back up again!
Oh yes we know about the classic tantrum of I'm not getting exactly what I want when I want it. In our house, it's usually about wanting to go outside, do something by himself (without help) or play in the sink.
We have yet to figure out why he wakes from some naps happy as a clam and pissy other times. If you figure out a pattern in Sara, please do tell.
Post a Comment