The last few weeks have been pretty rough. Long story short, Ryan quit his old job, we were planning to move to the mainland in December, he got a new job offer a few days later (kind of fell in his lap), accepted the job, had to enroll in a course from 4:30-9:00pm for 5 weeks for his new job, Sara came down with a nasty cold which Ryan and I were lucky enough to share with her, and now we're all pretty healthy and adjusting to this new lifestyle. Needless to say, it's been an emotional roller coaster and I think Sara felt a bit of the stress because she's been a bit of a handful. I'm sure the fact that she doesn't see her dad during the week right now, he leaves before she wakes up, has contributed a little but the cold definitely had her down. So, now we're on the upswing! Sara now stands at the top of the stairs in the morning and screams DADDY at the top of her lungs. It's pretty sad but quite adorable :-) She definitely misses her dad right now. She had a really good day today though. She was super happy, had her usual one nap for the day but slept for a little over an hour, which is a major improvement. She also had her second flu shot and didn't even make a peep!
Back to the title. Even though Sara has her challenging moments (like how she's decided to throw REAL temper tantrums now, like how she arches her back and screams and won't let me put her in her carseat until I physically manhandle her in there...ok, it's not that bad :-), and how she has decided that she wants to walk EVERYWHERE and doesn't like to be held) she really is an amazingly sweet and happy little girl. It makes me so proud to be her mom and happy to watch how much joy she brings people. She just seems to bring a smile to the face of so many people that she comes across. She squeals in delight when people talk to her and everyone always comments on how HAPPY she is. She smiles at everyone and just makes them happy. I truly feel blessed to have such a special little girl!
This picture is from a while ago when we did a hike but I don't think I ever posted it and I think it's pretty cute!

4 comments:
Thanks for the update, Kelley and congratulations to Ryan on his new job!
That story about Sara yelling "Daddy" is awesome. Other than the temper tantrums (those started early, didn't they?), they really are at a great age.
So are you guys still moving to the mainland?
imagine living that schedule with TWO kids for three YEARS! oh and add a 9 month deployment in there. hang in there girlie!!!
you are right about her always smiling and being happy! shes a sweetie sweet sweet little girl!
what a cute picture! and the halloween one too. Hope everything is going better now!
Post a Comment