Friday, October 8, 2010

Progress!

Well it's been just over nine weeks since I had surgery and I'm beginning to see progress! I've been going to physical therapy where they've been ranking on my foot trying to get it to start moving again..it feels like I've got a vice on it right now which is quite an odd feeling. I've been walking pretty well without my crutches with the boot for a week or so and got the clear to ride my trainer. Yay for sweating! I wouldn't say I'm getting a workout per se but there is definitely progress. I rode for 45 minutes and I'm able to increase the gears now. It feels SO good to get my heart beating again. And today was my first swim! I made it 1000 yds before my arms felt like noodles and my foot was screaming at me, but it was great. It's a little frightening swimming in the public pool with lovely breast strokers (nothing against breast strokers) it's just freaky when flailing limbs are trying to attack my tender foot. But I made it out unscathed and stayed upright on the pool deck. Another couple weeks with this boot and I'll be able to wear real shoes again! I think I'll burn the boot and crutches when this is all over!


Tomorrow is the infamous Wiggles concert! Sara is SO excited. She's been really into hugging lately. She hugs her friends everytime we see them. She will come up to me and hug me at random times (unless of course I ask for one). And she's been saying that she's wants to 'hug Wags at the concert'. Wags is the dog on the Wiggles and she's hellbent on giving him a hug at the concert! We'll see what we can do about that :-) We'll keep you posted on how her first concert goes!

I love this picture, it looks like I just busted her for something...


Playing at the park with her friends


Trying out her snow boots...thank goodness for hand me downs from older cousins!


She loves carrying her back pack...with her tutu


She loves her new camos from Uncle Scott and Auntie Bette. She picked out the orange shirt too...that way she'll be seen in case she ever goes hunting :-)


Shopping with Daddy at Home Depot. We bribe her into going by telling her she can drive the cart.

3 comments:

Fennells said...

So cute! Love the tutus. What is on Ryan's face btw??? ;-) Hope the wiggles is fun and that Sara can hug Wags! Tell her to look out for that octopus though, all those grabby arms are creepy! Glad to hear you are on the mend. You have been though enough already!

Judy said...

Thanks for the update, Kelley, and I'm so glad you are doing well. All the pictures of Sara are precious! She is getting so big!

Angela and David said...

You can just tell from the pictures that she has such a strong little personality. Hope you all had fun at the Wiggles.

And glad you are making progress. Hopefully your string of injuries have finally run their course.