Her personality keeps emerging more and more each week. Now we're in the Miss Independent stage where she wants to do EVERYTHING herself and if I want her to do something she doesn't want to do it. For instance, getting in the car is really fun when it's on her own time, but when there's a time constraint, boy do we have a fight. Or when we're walking to the house (which has three sets of cement steps) she wants to do it herself (or hold onto my hand) and if she's not ready to go inside, she lets me know! I feel like I'm in a constant state of negotiation with her. We have no less then five fits a day now. Phew, she sure is "testing the waters". We're definitely going to have to hold our ground with her because she doesn't forget much and diversion is not an option anymore :-)
She is also "testing the waters" on the patio. This is her new favorite pastime.
She LOVES the water! Here are a few more pics.
She'll love me for this one :-)
She's been so funny lately with giving hugs and kisses. Her kisses are the open mouth in your face kind of kiss. They just melt my heart! If I'm lying on the ground she'll come over and climb on my stomach and they lay down to give me a "hug". It consists of her pressing her forehead against mine really hard and then puts her arms around me. She makes me laugh so hard sometimes. These are some challenging times but I wouldn't trade them for the world. The innocence and the excitement that she has for life is so contagious!
Here she is after her bath in her Christmas pjs! I just love this time of year. And it's even more fun having a little girl to enjoy it with. I don't know if she realizes it yet but we're going to have some FUN Christmases :-)

My mom sent her this adorable dress so she had to model it.
My mom sent her this adorable dress so she had to model it.
In other news, I am sick AGAIN! I think it's a relapse of my last sinus infection because I've lost my voice again and it seems to be progressing like the last one. It's rough not being able to talk as a mom...especially because I LOVE talking :-) I think I'm finally getting my thyroid under control. After 14 months, the doctor has decided (after a lot of pushing!) that I should start taking synthetic thyroid. I've been on the lowest dose, which they recently increased, for 4 weeks and I can definitely tell a difference. I'm starting to get my energy back again!
Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season! Hopefully I still have a few readers out there...I'll try to post more often!
4 comments:
those are some adorable pics! love the bare bum shot. her expression is priceless!!!!!! the video is hilarious. glad to hear your thyroid is getting under control. i have ankle news. ill try to post to our blog.
love the pics and the red dress is precious. hang in there kel my prayers are with you and your health.
g-ma
We just watched that video at least 10 times. Each time it ended Zach said "more." He might be in love. It's probably a little early in their relationship for him to see her naked.
Hope you feel better soon!
I love the update and pictures of you all. I hope you feel better soon. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment