She also had fun this week playing with her friend Moana. They're so cute together. I swear they can speak each others language. I always wonder if they can understand what they're saying.
Moana was trying to teach her how to walk while she was over. Didn't work though.
Here Sara is practicing her standing. Notice the mouth wide open. This girl talks, screams, and moves ALL the time. Where does she get so much energy? It's definitely not from taking long naps :-)
She still hasn't expressed any interest in walking on her own. She can cruise around all the furniture, step over the top of whatever is in her way, walk with the push car, redirect it, you name it, she does it. It's amazing how agile she is but try to get her to walk and she's over it. We're actually ok with it because we've heard that our life is really over once that starts :-) My siblings and I were all 14 months when we started walking so it could be genetic. God knows that the high energy, talking machine, is from me, so why not her walking too?
Today we took a trip up to the North Shore with our friends that have two kids. It was so much fun and something different than normal. Sara had a blast. The beach (Chun's Reef) was nice and flat, with no rocks to eat, and gentle waves. She played and played and played. It was so cute to watch her with her friend, Justin, who is three. She would crawl while he would chase her. We had a few passing downpours which left us a little wet but we were at the beach so what better place to get wet :-)
And here's a proud parenting moment shot...thanks Dad!
4 comments:
It's so great that she's using her imagination while playing with the box. That's better than most toys we buy! She's such a cutie...thanks for the updates, pictures and videos.
That's hilarious... in and out of the box. Then in again. Then out again. Sounds like a perfect day for an almost 1 yr old!
I think the walking timing is genetic. Remy and I both walked at the same age. We can also relate with the short nap thing. I was just SHOCKED to learn that Remy's 2.5 year old cousin has a 3 HOUR NAP every afternoon. That would be SO AWESOME.
About the beer picture-- at least the bottle isn't open. Funny story is that we were at my parent's the other night looking for a photo of me as a toddler sucking on an open (probably empty) bottle of beer. Never found it, but it exists, I tell you.
She is so agile and strong. She'll make a good little gymnast! And be glad she isn't walking because my guess is that when she decides she's ready she'll skip over walking and she'll be running!
I'll have to find out when I started walking. I have no idea.
Post a Comment