Holy cow, I have a lot of respect for single parents or those with spouses that are deployed. It is exhausting. It's amazing how nice a break can be. Although I must say that my amazing neighbor, DeeDee, took Sara for me for an hour on Wednesday so I could swim. It was heavenly! She also came over and stayed with Sara while she was asleep so I could bring Ryan to the airport and will do it again tomorrow night. Thank you DeeDee!!
We've definitely missed dada. Everytime I say dada, Sara looks all around for him. It's really cute, but kind of sad too. She and Tyla will be so excited to see him and I will too! We're so proud of him for going to support his brother. He'd do it for anyone in his family and it's neat to see. We hope Jeff feels better soon!!
Here's a few pics from a paddleboard race. He's actually done two now but I didn't get a chance to post about them. The first one was 17 miles long and brutal. He did awesome!! His first ever solo paddleboard race and he went for the gusto. It took him about 3.5 hours and he paddled around some treacherous parts of Oahu. We drove home that way and I couldn't believe he was out there on a paddleboard! On the fourth of July he did a shorter 3.5 mile race that was a dead sprint and got 2nd in his age group! Here's a few pics from that race.
Suffering! Like he says, it probably wouldn't hurt as bad if I trained for it!
Having fun with Daddy. She LOVES to go upside down now. We have to be careful because she'll fling herself backwards when we're not paying attention (I think I mentioned that before...I can't remember...go figure).
3 comments:
Glad it sounds like everything is turning out okay with Ryan's brother. Those had to be some scary times.
I hear you about single parents. Every time David travels for work I wonder how a single parent does it. That's great that you have a neighbor that can step in and help it. Maybe I should butter up the old lady down the hall.
Sounds like Sara is going to be following in your footsteps and may have a bit of a gymnast in her!
Ryan is a great brother...a wonderful person...and so are you, Kelley, for supporting his need to go be with Jeff and the family. From what I heard, he helped a lot and his presence was very much appreciated by everyone.
Thanks for the great pictures and updates!
It is so hard being alone! I hope that Ryan's brother is going to be ok!
Post a Comment