Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fat Lip

I officially got my first fat, bloody lip earlier this week. I was so excited to come see my mom in the kitchen that my little legs didn't keep up with my arms and I face planted on the hard floor. Ouch! It hurt really bad and I cried really loud. I think my mom was worse off than me though, especially when she saw the blood and my huge fat lip. It's amazing how resilient I am. The picture doesn't show the extent of how swollen it was. Mommy gave me some ice in the mesh holder which made it feel better.


Here a few things that I've been doing lately.

-I can say uh oh.


-I know how to put my arms through my clothes. This can be really helpful sometimes but not so much other times. The same thing with my carseat. I try to put my arms in and out of the harness.

-I'm starting to get more hair but no teeth yet.


-I get really excited when my mom tells me that Da Da is home.


-I squeal really loudly when I get to the beach and especially when mama puts me down on the sand and the waves come toward me.

-I'm 'cruising' all over the place.


-I love playing with the strings when my dad plays his guitar...and I like to dance.


-I get really mad when my mom puts me in the high chair and doesn't give me something to eat...NOW!


-I only like to feed myself finger foods. That baby food stuff is for babies. I've eaten eggplant, zucchini, apples, papaya, chicken, pears, bananas, green beans, peas, peaches, and lots of other stuff. I'm a good eater.

-I LOVE pulling Tyla's ears!

-I still don't like to nap very much but I've had a few longer naps lately (1 hour).

-I'm working on getting some teeth. Nothing showing yet, but I let my parents know that it HURTS!

-The Japanese paparazzi still love me. I think I might be on a billboard there.

-I love to go upside down. Sometimes when my parents aren't ready I fling my head backwards...it's fun!

-I like to use the high chair as a push toy.










2 comments:

Angela and David said...

That is hysterical about the Japanese paparrazzi. And isn't it crazy how resilient they are? Screaming in pain one second, squealing with glee the next. I wish my brain worked like that.

Fennells said...

I love the pic of the serious face. Greg laughed at your japanese paparazzi comment too! I can't believe she got a fat lip already! Kai's first was at 16 months and I was so traumatized too! You do sort of get used to it. Can't wait to see you guys!